My Photo
Name:
Location: Berkeley, CA

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Already.

I feel it in the night air humming in my face when I drive with the window down, radio churning, when I sprint under sun or moon, when I drift in and out by cool sheets until noon on weekdays.. when I lean back in freedom or guiltless laziness-
-Summer-
causes mini-flashbacks of darting barefoot across green grass and gray sidewalks, a cul-de-sac in Oregon, the crashing waves in Hawaii, shelter in air conditioned buildings in Korea - Every place I've lived in united by the sunniest and clearest season of the year, bringing out the nostalgia of old friends and faces and familiar star-studded heavens, when the very air inhaled had its distinct taste of brimming liberation and possibility.

I recall one summer, I glanced up and wondered, where are you. Even though you're a world away, we're beneath the same
sky.
I try to cherish by remembering, but truthfully, that keeps me from moving past
you.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home