My Photo
Name:
Location: Berkeley, CA

Sunday, May 27, 2007

"Live like you'll die tomorrow. Learn like you'll live forever." - Ghandi

This was the senior quote by a Heritage high school student who passed away in a car accident on the last day of school. Graduation was only a couple days later, where I helped my brother write his student body president speech.. about the beautiful things in life that we can remember.. about passion and living life to the fullest -

Today we drove past the makeshift memorial on the side of the street.
I didn't know him. My good friend and her brother did, along with the driver - but even though he was a stranger to me I still feel brimming tears - seeing all the flowers, the paper signs: the love was so visible and hurting and alive.

Amidst the cold cement
I felt the warmth of human love

Inside something hurts.. it triggered another ache I hold within me.

Upon driving home with a friend, we talked about how we are not the same people from 3, even 2 years ago..
So thankful for everything I've been blessed with, the joys and sorrows I've experienced.


I'm trying to rekindle
the passion to learn and fall and grow.



2 Comments:

Blogger wendy said...

dude. i found those shoes. the hideous magenta ones that you also have in gold (which look a thousand times better than the pink ones--good god what was i thinking??).

anyway. when are you back in berk again?

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home