My Photo
Name:
Location: Berkeley, CA

Saturday, April 01, 2006

The Fantastic 4: Family Friends Faith FOOD

The Journey Home: half-ran through the airport because I am a sucker for taking my time and suffering panic-y anxiety later. Combated paranoid fear of the plane crashing like in Lost (my current homage to TV entertainment) with mumbled prayer, sleep, and Eisley.
Later I used my mad, middle-aged-Asian-woman skills to obnoxiously climb up the escalator towards my mom and sisters.
Gorged homemade kimbap in the car ("mmm" multiplied by a very big number.) Gave the little ones The Ultimate Gift of Japanese Junk Food. Came home sweet familiar home at 2 am, fell in love with the new puppies, discovered that my brothers grew more huge & almost manly- ahaha.

During Spring Break I....

*Fought and lost to a craving for frosting while baking cookies
*Was startled by my dad's thinning hair and my mom's weary face. I felt sad and scared at the thought of my parents becoming old
*Barged into my grandparents' home to hug/talk/eat my grandma's sweet potatoes.
*Braved the highways and my lacking sense of direction to visit a good friend for adventures galore, contemplative talks…met new characters and curiosity :)
*Decided that Whole Foods (ahh their free samples! Move over COSTCO) is my new hero.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[commerical break!]
Fudge. Lost is incredibly good. (just finished watching an episode)
~the power of forgiveness, revenge, character development, and above all, mystery/suspense. !!exclamation points!!! must spread the love: watch it!
I am way, sucked in.
---------------------------------------bahaha------------------------------

*Made cornbread with uhh much frosting.
*Learned about agribusiness, that Lincoln was born in Kentucky, and other very important things to know in 4th grade while helping a crying sister study for a test.
*Gathered with inohsunohburritoandthepuppies to watch DC++ed movies and hide behind pillows during scary parts
*Went skiing/falling on snow/attempted the half-pipe and embarrassed myself
*Exponentially expanded Tina the Tummy at family get-togethers
*Knee-slappingly laughed like a lunatic until tears formed in my eyes. Old photo albulms.
*Caught up with my funny-funny family. Even with the problems we have, I feel so blessed.


Today I left a surprisingly sunny Colorado and arrived at a very gloomy, wet Berkeley. Rain is
synonymous with impending doom which is synonymous with school and the GIANT PILE OF WORK that awaits me. Grr.

:-D))



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home