My Photo
Name:
Location: Berkeley, CA

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

rummaging in my bag, i rediscovered that a highlighter is..

...very useful. for any ongoing reading, simply scan through and color what is significant and what holds relevance to a theme. you look back and can easily distinguish meaning amidst the rest of the jumble. yellow pink orange or blue.

in the short stream of continuing life, my highlighted lines are

revelations, bonding with family and strangers, heart warming conversations, the rise/fall of every relationship - humanity's generic and unique bliss vs sorrow..
though all become fleeting memories, they still underline being alive.
-a balance in divided times of feeling understood, misunderstood, complete, incomplete, optimistic, disappointed, innocent, ashamed, naive.

supposedly the gray blur exists to appreciate what's being made visible.

i've done things where i wish i had acted differently- but i'm not sure if i'd erase mistakes that still cause squirming with shame - cliche set aside, i'm preparing for a next time with the new insight diffused in me.. sometimes, i grow colder, and left with slighter more cynical eyes to look out of. at least i'm left more aware.

wow. reflecting on my past selves: how i've evolved to be more comfortable in my own skin. human development is fascinating! [insert nerdy giggle and waggling of eyebrows] hence my interest in psychology~
if i met my 25, 50 yr old self today - i wonder what i'd see, and what my future self would recognize in her young past. wondering at how time and environment and faith mingle together to help in the process of growth. we'd talk over yummy food for sure~ bahaha.

mm..i should be doing a history assignment right now. citing sources. :D
but a search for my yellow highlighter sparked this abstract notion in my head to be apprehended and written.



1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I like your comment about your 25yo self or your 50yo self vs. your current self. As I get older (36 now), I think about those things, too. Things I wish I had done or said. Things I wish I hadn't done or said. Here are some cool quotes I've saved. I try to live by some of these now and wish I had found them earlier to give them to my younger self:

· "You miss 100 percent of the shots that you don't take." – Wayne Gretzky
· “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” - Theodore Roosevelt
· “I not only use all the brains I have but all I can borrow.” -Woodrow Wilson
· "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it." – Unknown
· “Success does not consist in never making mistakes, but in never making them a second time.” – George Bernard Shaw
· “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.” - Mark Twain
· “Always be a little kinder than necessary.” - James M. Barrie
· “When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me" - Erma Bombeck
· It's not what you look at, it's what you see –Thoreau
· “A gossip is one who talks to you about other people. A bore is one who talks to you about himself. A brilliant conversationalist is one who talks to you about yourself.” – William King
· “Some men see things as they are and ask, “Why.?” I dream things that never were and ask, “Why not?” – Robert F. Kennedy

Anyway, good luck with your blogging.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home